This is a full-time position located in Nashville, TN with some travel expected.
Who We Are:
D2D is a team of educators that believes we can unlock student potential and opportunity by giving all students access to excellent instruction every day. We specialize in knowing what truly excellent instruction looks like and what leaders can do to improve instruction and student learning. This involves rounds of classroom observations and consulting to help strengthen the core instructional systems including curriculum, assessment, teacher professional development and coach and leader professional development. We work collaboratively with school and district instructional leadership teams, help them understand their instructional strengths and areas for improvement, outline the pathways they can take to get better results and let them choose the option that works in their context. We then support our partners as they take action (with various levels of direct delivery from our team) and we offer cross district training and support structures for teachers and leaders in areas of common need. We currently work with small districts and charter systems in Tennessee and Florida, but plan to grow to serve hundreds of systems and over a million students across multiple states.
The Director of Training Development will play a crucial role in ensuring that D2D supports districts in providing the training and support teachers and leaders need to continuously improve their practice. This person will support overall project management of content development for multiple types of trainings, including in-person and virtual for teachers and leaders in districts across the country. We are seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented project management professional with some prior experience in education. Candidates should believe that high quality professional development opportunities are vital to supporting ongoing teacher and leader learning and development to support higher levels of student learning. The Director of Training Development reports to the Managing Director of Training.
- Support vision and planning for all training offerings
- Project manage the content development process for all training offerings
- Track where all training content is in the development process
- Set and hold others accountable to deliverables and timelines
- Coordinate review meetings and organize feedback
- Create and implement reflective processes to ensure continuous improvement of content quality and process
- Ensure content leads are prepared for the training of trainers
- Coordinate details and communicate information for facilitator training
- Support drafting of job descriptions, selection process, and onboarding for content development contractors
- Organize information about all trainings by building and maintaining a catalog of trainings and content created
- Create and maintain a database of information on training content experts
- Create and manage a quality assurance process for trainings that includes recruiting feedback committees and organizing and synthesizing feedback
- Process manage the reflection process following each event to propel continuous learning and improvement
- Manage budget tracking for each training
Candidate Qualifications and Traits:
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects
- Comfort managing others toward goals and deadlines outside a formal management relationship
- Experience in education (as a teacher or administrator)
- Detail orientation, organization, and follow through
- Record of success achieving clearly defined outcomes
- Very strong written communication skills
- Experience building positive relationships with diverse team members and stakeholders
D2D’s Core Values:
- We are optimists: We believe in the possibility of an education system that serves all students well. We hold high expectations for students, educators and ourselves. We pursue ambitious goals, work hard to overcome obstacles and we boldly try new things to reach our vision.
- We are practical: We believe support should meet people where they most need help and lead to immediate change in classroom instruction. We look for ways to work smart, focus on the most important change and reduce friction to make it easier to take action.
- We are learners: We know there are always ways to improve. We believe our long-term success is a result of how well we learn. We seek to understand the best of what is known, we reflect on successes and challenges and always look for ways we can do better.
- We are direct: We honor each other by being honest. We operate without hidden agendas, we are straightforward about what we know and what we don’t and we tell the truth, even when it is hard.
- We are thoughtful: We think things through, pay attention to details, consider our options expansively and seek to make smart decisions. We set priorities and live them in our actions. We value diverse perspectives as fundamental to our effectiveness.
Compensation is competitive with district and nonprofit leadership positions and is commensurate with experience. Detailed information about the organizational compensation philosophy is available upon application. Competitive benefits and private retirement investment options are available, as well as a generous vacation policy.